Wednesday, March 20, 2013

American Rebel





First off, a big thank you to Thrift Store Runway! I entered this outfit into their monthly contest and ended up being one of the five winners! Check it out here! I'm so happy and thankful!

These cute little shorts I made myself! I am obsessed with the american flag apparel out in stores but I'm not a fan of the price tag so I made these little bad boys myself! I went to Goodwill and found a pair of old jeans so I could cut them up then went to the dollar store and bought a little flag. Then I called all my girls over and we did all our DIY projects together! It was so much fun! A shout out to my friend Christy  for her amazing sewing abilities, Thanks love! 

Photo credit: Nicole Krauss (She does most of my pictures)
Nikon D40

Shorts:  DIY (Summer 2012) Similar $7
Tank &Necklace: Forever21 (Summer 2012) $5 each
Shoes: Charlotterusse (Winter 2012) $43 Also seen in Dark Beauty
Tights: Walmart (old) $5
Jackets: Goodwill (old) $12

Total: $77



7 comments:

  1. Wow MiMi totally in love with those shorts. Lovely outfit as well! <3 Also congrats for getting in the top 5 - You totally deserve it. <3

    -Mak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They run the contest monthly so you can put in an outfit if you want! I won 100 bucks so I think I'm gonna sign up for it again haha all you need is at least one thrift store item and you are good!

      --MiMi

      Delete
    2. No problem girl! Wow really? That actually sounds really fun! How many people usually sign up for it? :)

      -Mak

      Delete
  2. Hey!
    I've just found you're blog and love this post!
    i'd love it if you could check out my blog? http://lydiacurtis.blogspot.co.uk

    thanks
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      I'll make sure to give your blog a look!

      --MiMi

      Delete
  3. Wow! I love those shorts:) Congratulations for being one of the winners, and as Amanda said they totally look like the one's we see from brand shops:)
    P.S. I wanted to let you know that you are one of my nominees for the Versatile Award :) Gongratulations <3 xx
    Stephanie
    http://vidathings.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll work on this as soon as I can!

      --MiMi

      Delete